Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Me & Time

So it occurred to me over the weekend, as I was actively engaged in watching ice melt, that a lot of the underlying stress I am feeling about the upcoming Fall 2010, when … in my head, anyway …I am making this HUGE, drastic change in my life, is based on the notion that I am not at my personal best. And I’ve been trying to take and make the time, albeit not very successfully, to try and sort out a fair amount of baggage and angst from earlier this year, that so threw off me off kilter.

But some things can’t be rushed. Some things are done, when they’re done.

It’s a nice idea to start my next phase in life back in school at the top of my game. But truthfully, how often are we really at our very best? For the most part, we’re shuffling between our best and our worst, hopefully edging ourselves more towards one end of the spectrum over the other.

I’ve had more highs than lows in my life; I’ve been at my best more often than my worst. And if I can maintain that balance, maybe that’s okay for the time being. Until this magical thing called “time” does its thing and everything is alright again.

Time sure likes taking its bloody time though…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm... should've left my comment earlier. Seems a little out of place putting it under here.

Oh, well, in totally unrelated news, i now know what a 'vole' is (thanks to your reference to it sans explanation, so i had to go look it up). Now to find out what this is: 'Sherman'(trap).

Hope you're doing fine; my eyes are still glued... take care (i'm sure you are, does that sound cliche'd?)