Saturday, April 3, 2010

Springing Back

Temperatures have topped 80 degrees and I easily spend 6+ hours a day, 5 days a week, tramping around the woods. I’ve unpacked my summer field pants, skirts, tank tops and flip flops. I’ve pulled off two ticks, seen my first snake (prairie king snake?), and examined a leopard frog up close. For the first time in two years, I stepped back into a yoga studio; I found the Carbondale farmer’s market. I cooed a three-month-old to sleep and let a chocolate Labrador puppy gnaw on my fingers. I consumed a half-pound of bbq rib tips yesterday evening, and about as much chocolate over the last three days. I’ve gone from 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night, to about 6.5 hours. I just completed my last setup week, and I aced my midterms.

A good part of my life is going quite alright.

No comments: